Since the spring semester finished, I have been working on the garden. I was so pleased with myself that I actually started my seedlings back in April? I think, compared to last year when I started my seeds after the semester ended. Ie., late May. I even planted seeds we had saved from our variety of hot peppers, peppers, and tomato plants. I was thrilled to see seedlings pop up. Yet,what I did not do was label what I planted. Nor did we label the seeds we had saved. I was only certain that one packet was some kind of hot peppers since after touching the seeds and then touching my eye, my eye started to burn. It’s also taken me a while to get around to planting the seedlings in the ground, so many have died or their growth has been repressed that I still do not know what they are. To the best of my knowledge, this is what we have up front:
Note to self: for next year, LABEL EVERYTHING. It will be worth it in the end! Also, this adding in pathways, even as just dirt, is SO handy. No more stomping on plants or crawling under netting to weed and harvest. Someday I will make all the raised garden beds with weed blocking stuff and irrigation system. But this is really good for now. Much improved.